Don't Let Your Heart Skip a Beat: The #HeartMatters Revelation
Picture this: you're sitting in a bustling office, taking a quick coffee break while bantering with colleagues. It's just another day in the life of a busy employee in one of India's best Multinational Corporations. But behind these seemingly normal, healthy lives lies a surprising statistic.
According to our corporate screening reports, in the last 12 months, over 10,000 employees have undergone ECG screenings using AliveCor 6 lead ECG Device. This group is from some of the best MNCs and has an average age of 35, and the results are eye-opening:
“Approximately 2% of them have undiagnosed possible Atrial Fibrillation, and another 10% have undiagnosed rhythm abnormalities. Additionally, 1 in 3 people are grappling with dyslipidemia, and an equal number have hypertension.”
This revelation underscores the importance of regular heart health check-ups. When it comes to our heart's well-being, early detection is key, and a simple ECG screening using a point of care device, like the AliveCor Kardia 6L device, can uncover hidden heart issues, such as Atrial Fibrillation and rhythm abnormalities, before they escalate into more serious conditions.
Early detection through ECG screenings is a proactive way to protect what matters most – your heart. Let us understand the importance of doing an ECG test and why it is important for your heart.
Importance of doing an ECG test
The importance of doing an Electrocardiogram (ECG) cannot be overstated, as it serves as a crucial diagnostic tool and preventive measure for assessing heart health. Here are some key reasons why undergoing an ECG is of utmost significance:
- Serve as a screening tool for heart health.
- Investigate the source of chest discomfort.
- Recognize abnormal heart rhythms.
- Assess the effectiveness of your prescribed medications.
- Evaluate the functionality of an implanted pacemaker.
- Detecting signs of a heart attack.
- Assess your heart's general condition both pre- and post-surgery.
#HeartMatters: Protect What Matters Most
In light of the above mentioned alarming health statistics we've uncovered among corporate professionals, NanoHealth has taken a significant step forward with the introduction of the #HeartMatters program. This initiative is set to leave a lasting impact on both individual and corporate wellness, prioritizing heart health amid concerning trends.
The #HeartMatters program operates on a well-structured four-step approach:
1. Screening: The program kicks off with proactive screening aimed at detecting potential risk factors and early signs of heart disease. This early detection is pivotal for timely intervention.
2. Risk Stratification: Following effective screening covering diabetes, thyroid, lipid, blood, ad vitals and point of care ECG device individuals undergo a risk stratification process. This ensures that interventions are personalized, addressing each individual's unique needs. Additionally, the Framingham Risk Score is calculated to identify potential risks accurately. Those flagged with potential heart issues then proceed to the next step.
3. Diagnosis Confirmation: In the diagnosis confirmation stage, individuals are examined by specialists, guaranteeing precise confirmation, identification and laying the foundation for personalized treatment plans.
4. Heart Disease Management through Care Coordination: The final step of the program focuses on care coordination. Healthcare professionals collaborate to implement a comprehensive management plan. This optimizes interventions, ensuring effective management of heart disease.
Traditionally, an Electrocardiogram (ECG) involved the attachment of small patches called electrodes to specific body parts like the chest, arms, and legs. These electrodes were connected to an ECG machine via wires, which then recorded the heart's electrical activity. During the test, no electricity is sent into the body, and it is usually conducted while lying down at a hospital or lab.
However, this method is time-consuming, limited to specific locations, and can be somewhat awkward when it comes to ensuring privacy. In response to these limitations, innovative technology has emerged, offering a quicker and more convenient way to conduct ECG tests – anywhere and at any time.
Heart Health at your Fingertips: 30-Secs ECG!
NanoHealth, in partnership with Alivecor India, is bringing the future of heart health to your doorstep. The cornerstone of this innovation is the Kardia 6L – a medical-grade ECG device cleared by the US FDA. What sets it apart from traditional methods is its portability and ease of use. With this device, you can take an ECG in just 30 seconds, and it’s as accurate as the traditional method.
Advantages of Kardia 6L:
1. Compact and Portable: Unlike the traditional setup, Kardia 6L is a wireless device that fits in your palm. It’s designed for both patients and doctors, offering comfort and convenience.
2. Quick and Accurate: You no longer need gels or wires. With Kardia 6L, you can receive precise ECG recordings directly on your Android or iOS smartphone, making monitoring your heart health a breeze.
3. Anytime, Anywhere: Kardia 6L empowers you to take control of your heart health. You can perform an ECG multiple times, for anyone, from any location, with ease.
In a world where time is of the essence, and health is paramount, NanoHealth is revolutionizing heart health. With the ability to monitor your heart health on the go, we are using this device in our #HeartMatters program that helps provide a crucial advantage in the early detection and management of heart-related issues.
No doubt, in the journey of life, every heartbeat matters— therefore, by prioritizing proactive screenings, personalized interventions and the usage of modern ECG devices i.e. Kardia 6L, the #HeartMatters program is serving as a guiding light for corporate wellness while emphasizing the urgency of addressing cardiovascular health, especially given the worrying trends in heart-related fatalities.
Our remarkable initiative of #HeartMatters program has also been gaining recognition and it recently made headlines in ET HealthWorld.com; You can now read the featured article here.
To learn more about this program, don't hesitate to reach out to our health experts at +91 91004 44004 or visit our website at www.nhassurance.com today. For additional information, feel free to explore our YouTube channel and our LinkedIn page.
Every heart matters, and we are here to make sure it stays healthy and strong!